Thursday 15 March 2012

It's good to have a friend.....


The Princess and Arson Summer 2011



This is one of my favourite pictures of all time.  Here is the Princess, in toddler glory, sharing her very prized possession with her bestie Arson.


I don't have a funny story for you all today......blame the weather, or the lack of sleep (thank you Caveman), or the hormones.....whatever it is, I've just been thinking about friends and how lucky we are to have such incredible gifts in our lives.

I have been blessed with the most amazing friends....each of them holds a very special place in my heart, and each of them have made my journey that much more survivable.  We've laughed, cried, eaten, and drank our troubles away with copious amount of coffee (or booze) depending on who you are ;) .....we've shared our darkest secrets, our wildest dreams, our worst moments, our biggest fears, and our greatest triumphs.

We speak everyday, or we don't speak for months, but whatever the case we can pick up again exactly where we left off without missing a beat.....the sign of a true kinship.

This morning I've got a particularly special friend on my mind.  Someone who has been there for me recently and given me more than they might realize.  To that friend, as you read this you know who you are, thank you.....you are truly a gift.



Princess and Arson Winter 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment